Your username
Have an account?
Forgot your password?

Question Who receives newsletter?

Hi guys,

I want to purchase your newsletter script and have an important pre sale question.

- Who receives the newsletter?
      Does it use the same data like the original newsletter, so that everyone who allowed to get emails from administrator during registration gets the newsletter which is sent with your tool?

OR

Every user needs to subscripe this newsletter before he/she will get a newsletter?

I ask because our board has about 10.000 users and we do not like to loose many users because they have to add theirself to a newsletter. I think many people would not do this.

The same questions about unsubscribing ...

Thanks a lot,
      Carla

Default Re: Who receives newsletter?

There is an option where you can specify a separate profile field in which will determine what user's receive the letter, along with another option to specify what value they must enter to receive it.

So if you make a new profile field it's a yes/no option field and the profile field is 15. You set the option in admincp to field 15 and make it so that all users that selected yes will receive it.

Also, in the send newsletter section, you will have the option to send test-only which means it will simply show what users will be receiving the letter, without actually sending it

Default Re: Who receives newsletter?

Thanks for your answer. I already bought the software. Could you please answer my PM? Thanks a lot, Carla