Your username
Have an account?
Forgot your password?

Default ProvB & vB4 Products: What's going on?

vB4: Advanced Forums & Extra Threadfields is on It's Way!

A lot of people are very eagerly anticipating the release of our products for vB4. As previously announced, plans were made to release Extra Threadfields first as of late march. The Extra Threadfields product so far has been successfully making it past most tests in terms of debugging in order to make sure we introduce it as close to perfect as possible.

While in development for Extra Threadfields, several customers contacted ProvB notifying us that their version of Extra Threadfields is heavily tied into their Advanced Forums product. Being that the two heavily depend on each other, we decided it'd be best to release them both at once - hence the official announcement being posted. The work on Advanced Forums has already been initiated, and is well under development and ready to be debugged shortly.

If anyone would like a glimpse at the products at work in vB4, feel free to reply with your name, email, and website (or send a PM titled "vB4 Inside Scoop"). As for the wait, we're closer than ever and I am proud to say that the releases are to be scheduled in a matter of days!

For further clarification, vB4 and vB3 ProvB Products will be sold and licensed separately. Pricing will remain around the same, with vB4 products more than likely to be sold at only a few bucks more.

Default Re: ProvB & vB4 Products: What's going on?

Hum that's mean i've got licence actually for vB3, if i want to use it for vB4, i must buy another licence special vB4?

Yes. You can still run your vB3 license separate if you have a vB3 based website. But just as vBulletin requires an update or license for the new version, the extent of syntax and structural change makes it so that we have to do the same. The products too of course will now be css based, things will still be automatic with little to no template edits, etc. However, support and features for both series will need to be handled separately, hence why they will need different licenses.

i dont understand that.

if i bought a license for vb3 series then i dont to buy a new license but to upgrade my license which should cost much less.

dont do what ever you want trying to exploit us.

this is how it looks .

Quote Originally Posted by imiviortal View Post
      i dont understand that.

if i bought a license for vb3 series then i dont to buy a new license but to upgrade my license which should cost much less.

dont do what ever you want trying to exploit us.

this is how it looks .
      Totally agree...
      No upgrade price (only IB has done better than you with their political upgrade price), make me left some products here...
      Actually I just see your way to make money, not a professional service.
      provB is a great site, but, you kept silent during long time without news and now you announce us that, it's very disappointing and I think that I would not be the only one to be dissatisfied

i aint thinking im gonna buy the new license this way, and hope others will do so as well.

unlese its an upgrade price, how its should be.

hope GIO will understand us and the basic sales rules.

dont understand me wrong GIO, ur doing a great job, and ill love to continue working with u, but since u are not a familiar company, u cant just demand money this way.

You guys each gave me a great load of praise on one hand, but on the other doubted my motives. Heh. Let me clarify some stuff for you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio~Logist
      But just as vBulletin requires an update or license for the new version, the extent of syntax and structural change makes it so that we have to do the same.
      Keyword: Update OR

Of course you guys will receive an upgrade price! Those who don't have a license will have to pay for the vB4 product.

Sorry for the misinterpretation, I was trying to make the post general enough for everyone to understand as oppose to just responding to Olijo.
      Last edited by Gio~Logist; 04-13-2010 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio~Logist View Post
      You guys each gave me a great load of praise on one hand, but on the other doubted my motives. Heh. Let me clarify some stuff for you all.

Of course you guys will receive an upgrade price! Those who don't have a license will have to pay for the vB4 product.

Sorry for the misinterpretation, I was trying to make the post general enough for everyone to understand as oppose to just responding to Olijo.
      Ok, sorry for mistake, i understand you, i know vB4 is terrible for mod update and more than for the skins.
      But i had bought (i think) all your script and don't want to buy all them another time, if you make a correct price for the customers, i will renew all

Regards

Thumbs up Re: ProvB & vB4 Products: What's going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Gio~Logist View Post

so i am, glad its all clear now !

Ah!! at last!!

Gio, what mod you will be working on next? Waiting for answer and newsletter hacks too.