Your username
Have an account?
Forgot your password?

Default Advanced forums phrase issue

Hi Gio~Logist,

I really like the Advanced Product forum you offer here but it needs an update before I can buy and use it. I am running a multi language board and I see that I can enter in each forum a replacement for the word "Thread". In your example this is "Article".
      It is very nice that we can do this but is it possible to enter this replacement then in every language available on the board?

I also would like to see some Advanced Forum Options in the vBulletin Maintenance Section. For Example I would like to see it under the SQL Queries to be able to activate Advanced Forum Options for all forums with one single query.

Will you add this to your product?

Kind regards
      jluerken
      Last edited by jluerken; 02-04-2009 at 07:24 AM.

Default Re: Advanced forums phrase issue

Consider the phrase feature as good as in for the next release. I'll make it so that you can replace "Thread" with either "Plain Text" or a "Phrase" - instead of just Plain Text.

The only issue i was thinking about in regards to this, is how to get it to detect whether they're entering a Phrase or a Plain Text - but i guess i'll make it search for the phrase first and then use the Plain Text if the phrase is not found.

As for the maintenance tools, sounds neat. What were you thinking, a drop down with functions and a multi-select option for selecting the forums you'd like to apply changes to?

Hi,

you should take a look at the vbulletin integrated function for adding profile fields.
      There you can create a new field and then save it.
      After you saved it, you can edit it and translate most of the content.

No idea how they do this but if you really want to make it multilingual, it should be the same function to fit to the rest of the board system or? Would me nice...

As for the maintenance tools, sounds neat. What were you thinking, a drop down with functions and a multi-select option for selecting the forums you'd like to apply changes to?
      Yes that sounds comfortable!

Gotcha. Going to look into their profile fields system and see what functions i can apply to Extra Threadfields to make this a bit more multi-language friendly

Are the changes done already? :-) *hehe*

At this moment I am handling feature requests that have been made via pm, emails, and tickets from premium customers. Multi Language support is coming soon. However, this transition will require a tad more (as i'd have to bring people on board to help), which is why I am hoping to get this done after the updates are made.