Your username
Have an account?
Forgot your password?

Question Extra Threadfield phrase issue

Hi Gio~Logist,

I am using the old free lite version of Extra Threadfields and I like it very much so I want to buy the pro and udpated version.
      What I am still missing is the option to phrase the field text.

Is there any chance that you update this product so that field names and content (user chooseable options) can be phrased?

Regards
      jluerken
      Last edited by jluerken; 02-04-2009 at 07:17 AM.

Default Re: Extra Threadfield phrase issue

Glad you like it! I'm 100% positive you'll love the Premium version even more! Loads of new updates and features.

This can be a possibility for a future update (or customization). However, it'd need to be an optional step or discreetly built-in so as not to be overwhelming and require an extra step.

If the reason for this is to easily mass-change the values of certain fields, i may build-in a tool for just this actually. Kinda make things easier and offer this in a maintenance-tool sort of approach.

I would really like to see this option to be able to phrase all entries.
      Then I would like to buy the product. At the moment I cannot use it then cause I offer service in two languages.
      If adding the phrase text is an additional step, thats ok.
      Its currently working the same for most of the original vbOptions at the moment.

I see what you mean in regards to the different languages. How ignorant of me to not see that this would be the need for it of course.

I'm going to look into putting it in the backend and optional.

More than likely, the "options" field will now say something like "Enter the options, separated by a new line. Enter the phrase variable if you'd like to use phrases for your options". This would require quite a bit of editing on the product, but i can definitely see the need for it

I am sorry to make you extra work but this is the first thing I am looking at when I am searching for new addons for my board - can I use them in my multilanguage environment.
      Most addon authors make great products but only if you have a single board language. They forget about that the board community factor often means that people run their system in different languages.
      Good to see that you take my feature request serious and I am looking forward to the next release.

Are the changes done already? :-) *hehe*

Default Duplicate Option for Extra threadfields

Hi Gio-logist,

please add a function to the admincp to duplicate extra threadfields.
      Creating a lot of extra fields is currently a mouse click orgy :-)

Thanks in advance
      jluerken

Default Extra Threadfields and Prefixes

Hi Gio-logist,

I found a small bug in the free version of Extra Threadfields and I want to know if this is fixed in the commercial version?
      If you have a forum with prefixes and add extra threafields to it, the newthread page layout gets broken.
      I guess there is a conditional missing to check if the forum is using prefixes or not.
      If YES, the extra threadfield area should get a colspan="x".

See attached Screenshot

Quote Originally Posted by Gio~Logist View Post
      At this moment I am handling feature requests that have been made via pm, emails, and tickets from premium customers. Multi Language support is coming soon. However, this transition will require a tad more (as i'd have to bring people on board to help), which is why I am hoping to get this done after the updates are made.
      Also, those issues mentioned above have been sorted in the Premium Version. We don't offer support on ProvB for Light products at the moment, as we have our hands quite filled already.

Hi Gio,

are you already working on a fully phrased release?

Regards
      jluerken