Your username
Have an account?
Forgot your password?

Default Re: Extra Threadfields & vB Modification

Other than the vBadvanced problem, how can I modify search.php (or whatever else) in order to have the default search include the particular custom field?

I don't usually like to modify vB files, but in this case it's mandatory that the site search includes the Extra Threadfield 'field1'.

Thanks!

Hi Gio!

I couldn't figure this out on my own. Do you know how I could add the extra fields to other places in vB, eg php modules in vBadvanced? Is there something extra I have to add to the .php modules (eg recentthreads, news, etc)?

I thought I could just put the "field1" code wherever I wanted to, but it only seems to work on the vb thread/showthread/display pages. I assume the hook for this isn't universal across the whole system.

Is there maybe a way to solve this problem by adding a hook in the phpfiles that I want to pull in this data?

It really depends on the page. In most, you would need to alter the query to include the fields, and then draw a separate query (unless you want to just hardcode the titles) for the field title's. Feel free to contact me for custom work if need-be.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio~Logist View Post
      It really depends on the page. In most, you would need to alter the query to include the fields, and then draw a separate query (unless you want to just hardcode the titles) for the field title's. Feel free to contact me for custom work if need-be.
      Thanks for the info. I didn't know it would require extra paid work to incorporate fully into vB though. Is there any way you could give me a few more details here so that I could get a head start trying to figure this out?

Also, will there ever be a fix for the search so that Extra Fields are also searched for text when someone submits a regular search? Or, would this other matter of including ETF on other pages/php files be accomodated by applying the same fix to search.php?

Thanks.