Your username
Have an account?
Forgot your password?

Default Extra Threadfields - Update 2.5.0

Extra Threadfields
      Has received an update, featuring Textareas, Improved Formatting, a Link Filter, and more!

Textareas Now Supported
      As demanded, Extra Threadfields finally supports Textareas, fully. For those of you who do not know, Textareas are (in-short) multi-lined text boxes. Extra Threadfields also now supports Extra Fields with a data input of over 250 characters! The system is still 100% automated and easy to use. Wondering how the textareas look? Check out the new thread page on our demo forum.

Improved Formatting
      If you take a look, the new thread page has been updated in terms of formatting, for a better look and feel of Extra Threadfields. One of the key new features in formatting is the columnized approach to fields with multiple options - with an option in the admincp to set the amount of columns to be displayed What does this mean? Checkbox and radio fields are now columnized, as oppose to one after another (which sometimes can look a tad messy).

Apply Link Filter to Certain fields

Many of you all were using Extra Threadfields to allow your members to include urls to websites within their threads. However, for those of you who are unfamiliar with manual placement, this could've definitely been a bit of an obstacle if you were trying to make the field "clickable". For this reason, we have added an option in the admincp (in Extra Threadfields Options) in order to apply "link filters" to certain fields. Check out the customer showcase to see it in action.

Other minor Updates
      There is a new option in the admincp to automatically include the description for Extra Threadfields, right under its title. This will allow you to set instructions or information for your members to see when filling out the "New Thread" form.

Default Re: Extra Threadfields - Update 2.5.0

Display over 1000 inserts below Message
      A few of you wanted the ability to display an Extra Field below the title & message box as oppose to in between. Set a field's display to anything over 1000, and you're good to go

Does the new linkable feature for Extra Threadfields mean that in the near future will might have an option to make non-url fields clickable?

As I mentioned in my other thread with you, I would like to be able to click on a thread field (E.g. "Author") and have a search/sort results page listing all threads that have that particular field. So "Stephen King" or "John Updike" could be clicked, to show a list of threads by those authors respectively.

I think the manual way you suggested should be good enough for now, but I think a standard option to make them clickable would be a terrific addition to an already amazing product. I'll be purchasing it over the next couple of days.

Thanks again, and keep up the great work!

Right now the url filtering is specifically for urls rather than sorting. I may look into an automatic sorting method such as the one you mentioned for future versions. Just a matter of how to integrate this with actual url fields now that this is an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio~Logist View Post
      Right now the url filtering is specifically for urls rather than sorting. I may look into an automatic sorting method such as the one you mentioned for future versions. Just a matter of how to integrate this with actual url fields now that this is an option.
      I wondered if it would be an easy change, considering what you suggested previously about wrapping a search link around the particular field. E.g. if there was an admin switch to make a particular field clickable, if would wrap that particular field in the search url, like the one you suggested before "<a href="$vboptions[bburl]/forumdisplay.php?f=FORUMID&fieldX=$thread[fieldx]">$thread[fieldx]</a>".

Wouldn't that be the same as manually placing the field with that url link on the postbit?

Where can i get this?

Quote Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
      Does the new linkable feature for Extra Threadfields mean that in the near future will might have an option to make non-url fields clickable?

As I mentioned in my other thread with you, I would like to be able to click on a thread field (E.g. "Author") and have a search/sort results page listing all threads that have that particular field. So "Stephen King" or "John Updike" could be clicked, to show a list of threads by those authors respectively.

I think the manual way you suggested should be good enough for now, but I think a standard option to make them clickable would be a terrific addition to an already amazing product. I'll be purchasing it over the next couple of days.

Thanks again, and keep up the great work!
      This is now possible in the new update Check out the Extra Threadfields 2.6.0 release thread for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenfaust View Post
      Where can i get this?

In Our Products section of course.

Quote Originally Posted by imiviortal View Post
      how can i make such link ??
      Use the URL Filtering field built into the Extra Threadfields manager when adding/editing an extra field.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio~Logist View Post
      Use the URL Filtering field built into the Extra Threadfields manager when adding/editing an extra field.
      I can't find this item you're referring to. I actually have a request:

I need fields so that people input an image url, which automatically gets wrapped in [IMG] tags.

I'd also like the option to have a field input into the thread title (For instance, a FS thread will display the selected state in a dropdown, in the thread title)

would be nice to change the color of the threadfield in threadlist ... is it possible ?