Your username
Have an account?
Forgot your password?

Thread: Points

Default Points

Does the Question & Answer product have a native points routine?

What I'd like to do is to specify forum where each question is assigned a certain number of points in increments of 100 up to 500.

If there's no native points, how well does it integrate with VBcredits? Are there any demo site of the Question & Answer mod running with VBcredits?

Default Re: Points

You can assign the amount of points you'd like to give a user per answering a topic via an admincp option.

At the moment, you can't assign points per forum, although the system itself works per forum, but the option for points is a global admincp option. With a bit of tweaking, you can probably get an option in the forum manager to specify different points per forum if that's your aim.

Hello Gio,

Thanks for your reply!

You wrote: "You can assign the amount of points you'd like to give a user per answering a topic via an admincp option."

Is that through VBCredits or your Question & Answer mod?

What I'm hoping to do is to go in an alternate direction - to allow the questioner to set the value of each question. So question A could be worth 100 points, whereas urgent question B is 500, and for mildly imperative question C the user chooses to give it a value of 250. What do you think?

Thanks VERY much!

Also, we were referred to you by Darkwaltz4, the developer of VBCredits.

Regards,

Wes

Through the Q&A mod of course

As for having the credits assigned per topic, that would require some tweaking in order to get an extra field in there so that users can define the credits. And then maybe we can use the option as default. Feel free to contact me for custom development after purchasing the product.

Hello Gio,

Thanks for your message.

Will we need to have the Premium version of vBCredits?

Please can you tell me what your rates are for custom development? How much do you think it would cost to implement the design I've outlined.

Also, we'd like to be able to turn it OFF for some forums - where some are just regular Forums, no points.

Thanks very much!

Wes

I also need this Mod and would like contribute for the development. I would like to see an extra thread field where the user can post number points they are willing to give.

""question. So question A could be worth 100 points, whereas urgent question B is 500, and for mildly imperative question C the user chooses to give it a value of 250. What do you think?"

It would be best to have the customization done to the premium version. Also, I don't work on rates but rather a fixed price based on the project. Feel free to shoot me over a pm and we'll chat more.